torsdag 14 november 2013

A book card (DT MiC)


Hey Everyone!
How you doing? I've been out for a little while, but now I'm back with a new and to me, very exciting project for this weeks DT inspiration for Make it Crafty! Today I want to show you my very first book card! This is one of the most fun and exciting projects I have done so far, you can even make more of the book pages and make it a good present box. I just made my first one, but am already working on another, with more space within it. ;) You'll see in a couple of weeks!

Anyway, here's my book card! As you can see I used Chantelle at the Races digi stamp for it, which you can find here






Here she is, Chantelle at the Races. I have coloured her with Distress Ink pads and played around with gel- and glitterpens on parts of her. On the flowers on her dress and the hat I used a pink gel pen and then a glitter pen and her shoes are glittered with a glitterpen. I have put on Platinum stickles around the image and used Frantage Enamel Shabby white on it. I also chalked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Distress Inks:
Hat and dress: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick Scattered Straw (Feathers)
Face and skin: Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemon, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Squeezed Lemon, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey






Here's flowers from WOC, I put on a little Diamond stickles and painted a little white acrylic paint on them. The swirl is from Craft-Too.





A close up at the other flowers.. As you can see I have used gauze behind the image and decorations. The little butterfly charm is bought from China and the ribbon is from Slöjd-detaljer.






Here's a close-up at the Magnolia heart tag I made out of Maja Designs Sofiero Collection. The key charm and sentiment charms is also from China. I've put on some acrylic on them as well. The ribbon I think I have gotten in a swap i participated in. Here you can also see a corner made of clay, the mold and clay are from Martha Stewart.





Here's a close-up at the congratulation sign. The frame is made with a mold from Martha Stewart and the letters are stickers I bought on Kreatima in Stockholm. I've also put on a lot of Crackle Accent on the frame.




Now you can see it's a book card! :) I have only used papers from Maja Designs Sofiero Collection on the whole card.




I want to give cred to Stämpelkällan for the great tutorial of this book card, you can find it here. It's in English too, so you can all try it out! :)





Here's the inside! I have cut out and embossed the frame inside with Spellbinders Nestabilities Gold Labels Four. The butterflies are made with a punch from Martha Stewart and the same paper from Maja Designs Sofiero Collection as on the Magnolia heart tag.





I have used a Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch to make the frame of the pages. I also chalked all the edges on the whole card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The text is a stamp from Roxstamps and I stamped with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and covered it with some Perfect Pearl powder to make the text shimmer. The text says something like this (in Swedish):

"Forgive fast
Kiss slowly
Love long
Laugh a lot
and never regret
something that made you feel alive!"






The back of the card..



That's all for now, I really hope you try out this tutorial and make a book card of your own.. Imagine to get one of these on your birthday, or as a thank you.. hmm, maybe I will do a thank you book card next time... ;)

Take care!
xoxo Madeleine

2 kommentarer:

  1. Oh Madeleine you have outdone yourself! This is so SO gorgeous! Love it!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. Had to come out and see the whole thing. Following your blog now.

    SvaraRadera