torsdag 9 oktober 2014

This year's first Christmas card!

Hello!

Earlier this week I was surfing around on the Internet trying to find some inspiration for making a CAS card - CAS stands for clean and simple. I thought it would be fun to have a Facebook group where crafters could inspire each other and help one another to find her/his way to making more CAS cards. So I created one and it has grown so fast and the feed of inspiration is just wonderful! If you would like to join us, just search for CAS Cards on FB and the group will appear :) 


Now this is my very first Christmas card this year and I have an ambition to make more CAS cards for Christmas... :) 





The very definition of CAS to me is not to have lots of embellishments and that there has to be large white areas. I must say I love this card myself, because I used an embossing folder that I bought this spring but haven't found the inspiration to use it until now! :) The embossing folder is from Spellbinders and called Paisley.




The sentiment is in Swedish and means Merry Christmas in kind of an old Swedish. I have stamped it with Versamark embossing dye and used gold embossing powder over it. Love it! The gold around the frame is made with stickles as well as the edges on the rest of the card. The ribbon was a wonderful gift from a good friend of mine :) The frame with the sentiment was made with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Fourteen.




Well, that was my first real CAS card and Christmas card this year! 

Happy crafting!
xoxo Madeleine

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar