måndag 7 oktober 2013

Dreamy Eyes-challenge (DT Make it Crafty)

Hi!

Today I am blogging my inspirational card to the new colour challenge we have over at Make it Colourful. This time you can take on the Easy challenge, which is to colour eyes or the Hard challenge, which is to add reflections in the eyes. My inspirational card is for the Hard challenge. I have to say it was actually frightening at first, it felt like it was way out of my league to even try (which I know a lot of the girls in the FB group felt too), BUT, I have to say it wasn't really THAT hard when I started out :) You may have to give it a go a couple of times before you get it right. That's what I did ;)

Here's my card! I have used gorgeous Melyssa for this challenge. And something else is new here... I have FINALLY used my gorgeous papers from K Designs. I have been collecting them since June I think, and they are sooo pretty and cool that I really didn't want to use them because then they would be gone.. This is a typical scrap-nerd thing haha :)







I bought the Martha Stewart Crafter's Clay Starter Kit and made this beautiful frame with the very light-weighed clay. It's very wet and easy to use, and it feel a little bit like rubber when it's dry. I have chalked it a little bit with Forest Moss Distress Ink pad and then I have painted a little Inka Gold Platinum on it. The text is something I got creative with and tried to find my own little saying. I tried out Crackle Glossy Accent and I LOVE it!!







And here she is, gorgeous Melyssa. I bought watercolour pencils from Faber Castell to make the skin on my images look a little more real, but I have actually worked with both them and Distress Ink pads on the skin. The rest of her is coloured with Distress Ink pads. The little corners are also made with clay and molds from the MS Crafters Clay Starter Kit. I have also used Platinum Stickles around the frame of Melyssa, a new favourite thing to use on my cards!

Skin: Faber Castell pencils
Eyes: Black sooth, Forest moss, Faded jeans, Salty ocean
Hair: Scattered straw, Vintage photo, Walnut stain
Lips: Derwent watercolour pencils.





A little close-up at the flower arrangement. I have made one of my hand made roses in the corner and I used Forest moss Distress Ink pad to ink it. I have also sprayed Perfect Pearl mist on it.








That's all for now, I hope you dare to try out the hard challenge this month, it will be worth it! Remember that a challenge is just that, a challenge to make you grow and develope your skills ;) Good luck!

xoxo Madeleine

6 kommentarer:

  1. WOW, vilket kort, makalöst vacker och din färgläggning ehlt underbar!

    KRAM SUSY

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh tusen tack för det Susy, så glad jag blir! :D Kram på dig!

      Radera
    2. Another gorgeous creation Madeleine! I love all the layers and of course Melyssa is beautifully colored!

      Radera
    3. Thank you very much Janice, you're so sweet with your comments! xoxo

      Radera
  2. it's a gorgeous card Madeleine.

    greetings karin

    SvaraRadera
  3. OMG......WOOW WOOW sååå snyggt färglagt!!
    Helt fantastiskt vackert kort!!

    GILLAR MASSOR!!

    KRAMAR MAJSAN

    SvaraRadera