tisdag 17 maj 2016

A mixed media canvas for a 50th birthday girl!


Hello everyone!!

Today I am sharing a special make I made for my auntie's 50th birthday this May! I often make finds and save them for later and it's like finding a treasure when I go through my stash sometimes lol! This time I found these beautiful chipboard sayings in Swedish that I bought perhaps 6-12 months ago (I don't even remember!) It says: Dream of tomorrow, Remember yesterday and Live today :) 

So my auntie's favourite colour is lime green and I know how lovely she thinks marine blue is together with that colour so the colours on this canvas were a given from the start! 
I have had a lot of fun building the design on this canvas.

I started putting down the chipboard sentiments and then I decided to use cheese cloth to make some more texture. I also used a large heart doily and then a big piece of lace, which is one of the best things with this canvas I think!

I blended Dylusions inks with white Dylusion ink and also sprayed Perfect Pearl over the whole piece when finished. I have used a lot of gesso and then I finished all the enlightened pieces off with Inka Gold Platinum to make them pop more. 


Materials used:
Canvas 24*30 cm
Cheese cloth
Gesso
Modeling Paste
Stencils
Lace
Paper flowers
Artifical berries
Charms
Chipboards
Heart embellishments
Paper straws and ribbon
Dylusions Inks
Perfect Pearl Shimmer Spray
Inka Gold Platinum
Fixative spray


Thank you so much for stopping by today,
happy crafting!

xoxo Madeleine


1 kommentar: