fredag 12 februari 2016

A colourful mixed media canvas Scrapkonst

Hello everyone!

I am so excited to share this piece of art with you today! I have been working on this for a while now, and now it's finally done! 

I will tell you how I did this piece of art further down in this blog post.
Here's the canvas!





So I started painting the whole canvas with gesso and when it had dried, I took some Dylusions Ink and blended it with white acrylic paint. After that I played around with some fun stencils and modeling paste. As you can see the modeling paste actually made the colours shine through the paint. 

Then I started working with the layout and I used some dies to cut som beautiful shapes out of chipboard sheets, foam sheets and then I started arranging everything. After arranging most of the embellishments I started gluing everything down to the canvas, using heated glue.




When everything was glued to the canvas I covered it all with gesso and started blending my mists! I used Dylusions Inks for this canvas, I took new spray bottles and filled them with some of the inks I wanted for blues and purple, (Turquoise and Fuschia and Crushed Grape) and then I poured some white Dylusions Ink into the bottles. I gave them a shook and then I started misting the canvas! I had to do it twice since I didn't cover everything up. To soften the two layers of colours (they turned out pretty intense in the end which I didn't want!) I sprayed on some Dylusions Ink Bubblegum blended with the White Dylusions Ink and then I also found Tattered Angels Mint Chocolate Chip in my stash and used the to turn the colours lighter and more greenish. It's a very pastelly green and it blended perfect with my home made turquoise blue spray!!



When it all had dried up, I sprayed on Perfect Pearl mist over the whole canvas. When dry I played around with some Glossy Accent here and there and then Crystal stickles. I covered some of the areas with some more gesso to high light the different embellishments. I also used some rhinestones to make it more interesting on the chipboards in the corners.


This is only my second mixed media canvas I have made and it was so fun! Definitely one of my favourite kinds of art! :D 

Happy crafting everyone!

xoxo Madeleine

2 kommentarer: